Hiya!
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I know I did!
However, let's just start with the fact that just now I was itching my neck and something came off on my finger. What could it be but, yes, a baby spider. My room is being taken over!!! Every night now I find another baby spider crawling on my bed. Seriously people, just clean this room once in a century! Geez.
Anyway, back to non-scary stuff.
City day went like this- Queen Vic Market to City Baths to Smith St. to Brunswick St. to Fitzroy Gardens to Flinders St. to Albert Park to St. Kilda to Luna Park to Acland St. to Port Melbourne to lost in Port Melbourne to bus back to city to Flinders St. again to Fed Square to Melbourne Central to Home.
Got all that!? Yes- big day! Sooo much walking, by the end of it I couldn't even bend my knees! Ouch.
Queen Vic was lively as usual. Brunswick and Smith St.s had AMAZING vintage clothing shops (yet I still couldn't afford them. haha). Not sure what the City Baths were even about- do people bathe there? I don't get it..... Albert Park was...pretty? However, too much walking made me annoyed so I didn't enjoy it too much. St. Kilda was...like Santa Monica sort of. Beach. fun. sun. with Luna Park (think Lagoon).
Oh, but Acland St. (reason why I hoofed it the 3+ miles from the city to St. Kilda). YUM YUM YUM! Bakeries, delicious bakeries everywhere! Acland St. is what I imagine my heaven will be like.
I made the mistake, however, of picking the first bakery I found. Next time I'll do the walk down and be more choose-y because let me tell you- walking a few miles in a sugar coma is not the most fun I've ever had.
After eating my own weight in sweets, I wandered back down the beach path and found my way to Port Melbourne. I figured I'd just find a familiar street and walk back up to the city, but it didn't really work out that way.... I got slightly lost and it was getting late and the streets were increasingly empty, so I hopped on a bus headed back to the city (turns out I was only 2 stops from the Aquarium-area!).
Anywho, after miles and miles of walking and walking, I was pretty wiped out and my Halloween socks were starting to smell (thanks again, Mom!) so I wandered my way back to where my bus comes. It was after 7pm at this point, so the shops were closing up anyway.
Generally I'm not a fan of the bus ride back, but I'd never had such an enjoyable ride. :)
I haven't uploaded the pics from this weekend yet, so you all will just have to wait patiently.
On another note- I made rolo cookies on Sunday and they were DELICIOUS! I ate some, I fed some to my new friends, and I took the rest to work today. So far nobody has stopped at just one-- good sign!
Oh! Oh! I've booked my Down Under travels! Five weeks and counting!! Eeeep!
Cairns- Great Barrier Reef- Whitsunday Islands- Brisbane- Australia Zoo- Gold Coast- Surfers Paradise- Sydney. Can't wait!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment